Harnessing the magnificent healing power of the sun is a beautiful spiritual practice. Sun Gazing is a meditative practice that involves gazing at the sun within an hour of sunrise or sunset with the intent to connect into and absorb primal energy and life force. According to color therapy expert Momtaz Begum-Hossain, “Within the eye’s retina, there are photosensitive cells, which connect with our pituitary gland. When light is received by the pituitary gland, it makes the mind and body feel more balanced.”
Many of our ancestors embraced the relation between the sun and their health. From the Aztecs to the Egyptians, Sun Gazing was a practice for high level shamans. Many people still practice today and report increased vitality and energy among many other mind, body and spiritual benefits.
Benefits to Sun Gazing
- Attracting positive healing energy.
- Recharging your energy forces or life force energy, and therefore vitality.
- Connecting with a higher spiritual source.
- Improving your vibration and mood.
- Activation and stimulation of the pineal gland.
- Grounding and connecting you to the Earth’s energy.
- Better sleep increase in melatonin and serotonin levels.
- Helps body lose excess weight due to effects on metabolic and thyroid functions.
This post is for subscribers only
Subscribe now to read the post and get full access to exclusive content.
Already have an account? Sign in
You’ve successfully subscribed to New Earth Almanac
Welcome back! You’ve successfully signed in.
Welcome! You’ve successfully signed up.
Your link has expired
Success! Check your email for the magic link to sign-in.